Poll Maker is committed to protecting your privacy and the privacy of your respondents. We will never sell, misuse or exploit any information provided to us.
We collect information for the sole purpose of improving the range of Poll and Quiz tools we provide.
The following describes the types of information collect during various interactions with our services.
During either Facebook, Google or form account registration with Poll Maker we may collect personally identifying information such as IP address, First, Last name and more.
We collect information such as IP, location, timing and website visitor metrics in order to provide both security and reporting features to poll and quiz creators. We also use engagement metrics in order to deliver the most popular content to our website visitors.
Sometimes our polls and quizzes contain ads served via the Google Adsense network. Google adsense may use information on our site in order to serve the most relevant ads to poll and quiz users.
To delete the information that we have stored about you and your respondents, use the following instructions:
- Log in to the Dashboard and select 'Account' from the left side menu
- If you have an active subscription click the 'Cancel' button on the right side of the page to cancel the subscription
- If you do not have an active subscription you will see a 'Delete' button on the right side of the page
- Click the 'Delete' button to delete your account. This action can not be reversed.
We want your polls and quizzes to be human only, the following describes how we prevent vote manipulation.
Preventing automated voting
We employ several evolving digital fingerprint technologies which monitor voter trends. In addition to this unusual responses on large polls are flagged and reviewed manually. To this end we collect IP address, browser, referrer and other details which help us to evaluate the authenticity of a response and evaluate trends. The technology behind our voting abuse system remains private. There are several levels of security which may be adjusted by our content creators depending upon their unique requirements.
We store collected information in a secure SQL database and make every effort to ensure security against vulnerabilities. As with any web based platforms there are risks involved in transmitting information and while we undertake considerable effort to ensure security we cannot provide absolute assurance and so we encourage all users to exercise discretion when providing personal information.
Credit Card Payments
Poll Maker uses the eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Poll Maker or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data centre, further protecting your credit card data.
- eWAY is an authorised third party processor for all the major Australian banks.
- eWAY at no time touches your funds; all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Poll Maker.
Polls and Quizzes deemed to be offensive, illegal or defamatory may be removed at our sole discretion. If you have a complaint about a specific poll or quiz please contact us via the link below and make sure you send us the link.